The ninth edition of the "Meeting on Fundamental Cosmology" will take place in Tenerife (Canary Islands, Spain) on 22-24 November 2023. This conference follows the same spirit as previous homonymous conferences held in Valencia 2013 , Fuerteventura 2014 , Santander 2015 , Barcelona 2016 , Teruel 2017 , Granada 2018 , Madrid 2019 and Granada 2022 , and is organised by a network of Spanish groups working on cosmology and funded through the programme "Redes de investigación 2022" of the Spain's Ministry of Science and Innovation. The goal of the conference is to gather world experts on different aspects of Physical Cosmology: observations, experiments and theory, including numerical simulations, instrumentation, astrophysics, gravitation and particle physics.
The conference spans over three days, starting in the morning of 22 November and ending at lunch time of 24 November. The registration fee of 175 €/person covers coffe breaks, lunches and conference dinner. The programme is organised in four sessions addressing the following topics:
- Early Universe (inflation, CMB, intensity mapping and reionization)
- Large Scale Structure and Gravitational Lensing
- Multi-messenger Cosmology (dark energy, dark matter, neutrino astrophysics, gravitational waves)
- Galaxy formation and evolution.
Three invited talks per session are planned, presenting a general overview of the topics listed above, and combined with contributed talks presenting more targeted or specific recent scientific results. In particular, contributions from early-career scientists are welcome. This meeting series has traditionally been a forum for interaction between young and established researchers in the field and will continue to promote this.
Confirmed invited speakers
- Jonás Chaves-Montero (IFAE, Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona). Ly-alpha forest
- Steven Cunnington (JBCA, University of Manchester). Line intensity mapping
- Giulio Fabbian (Cardiff University). CMB LSS cross correlation
- Pablo Fosalba (ICE-CSIC, IEEC). Euclid
- Martina Gerbino (INFN, Ferrara). Neutrino cosmology
- Rafael Guzmán (IFCA, CSIC-Universidad de Cantabria). Arrakihs
- Carlos H. López-Caraballo (Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias). QUIJOTE results
- Adriana de Lorenzo-Cáceres (Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias). Galaxy formation and evolution
- Andrea Mitridate (DESY, Hamburg). Gravitational waves from PTAs
- Anna Porredon (Ruhr-Universitat Bochum). Galaxy lensing
- Vivian Poulin (LUPM, Université de Montpellier). Cosmological tensions
- Mathieu Remazeilles (IFCA, CSIC-Universidad de Cantabria). Cosmic Microwave Background